Tuesday, September 05, 2006

"whenever I move, that is aikido"

Excellent quote from O-Sensei, and worthy of a lot of consideration.

I saw it here on a you tube site which looks like Aikikai guys from Sweden or Finland (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYRrlKgRNQ4). A very cool clip of some very cool guys. I also like this clip from Master Tony Yates (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aicHsMC6rxM)

I escpecially note his crisp footwork and very strong atemi, which rocks uke back onto his heels. To me, both of these are great examples of final product after years of work, where the motions are strong and balanced, and there is a dynamic contact between shite and uke.

I get excited whenever I see people that good. I want to be that good. You probably do too.
"Whenever I move, that is aikido"...someday...

Osu!

John

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for Sharing this link.Your Content is very Beneficial for all people.
If you want to promote your website please visit us at:
SEO Company in Mumbai