Friday, September 18, 2009

Break On Through

"break on through to the other side" - Jim Morrison

Today just somehow felt different.

In all respects it was a typical Friday. I got up, got dressed, and went to work. And yet it was not quite the same.

For the past 4 weeks or so, I have changed my diet. I no longer have coffee, sodas, chips or fast food. I don't use refined sugar or table salt. I eat more greens. I drink my water every day. I don't miss the things I used to eat. I am content and happy making better choices for myself.

I have lost weight, not sure how much. Not important.
I feel more and more alert, more and more alive. Very important.
Somehow, I just FEEL better. Most important.

Dr. Gibert would have said that I have too much Yang (acid) energy.
This causes restlessness, nervousness, trouble sleeping, mood swings, irritability.
It is made worse by taking even more yang foods such as fried foods, red meat, and sugar.

By changing my diet to more Yin (alkaline) foods (greens, yogurt, fruits, tofu, miso) I change my body chemistry from acid to alkaline. The changes are subtle, but after a month they add up.
Our bodies, our health, and even our state of mind, are affected by our chemistry. The Chinese elders knew this, and Yin/Yang food combining has been a part of their natural healing for thousands of years. In modern times, using science, we come to see that they were right, and their understanding of the human condition was profound.

Finally this morning, I feel really, really relaxed.
Not my usual stressed-out self. I feel thoughful, contemplative, and harmonious.
The tension in my shoulders is gone. I don't feel bothered or rushed by anyone or anything.
I want this feeling to stay. Forever, if possible.

At my breakfast meeting I was not nervous.
I felt calm and confident; sure of who I am and what I know. Comfortable and not intimidated by the other person. It felt GREAT. I was like a lake of still water. Relaxed and powerful.

Maybe this means I have broken through to a new awareness of how to be happier.
I feel in control of myself and my life. I am ready to accept this and ready to keep moving forward. The last time I felt this way was after my first 10 day fast in Thailand.
After that I met my future wife. My life has been better every day since.
Let's see how long this lasts.

We can make changes, even small changes in our life and our health that have far reaching consequence.
Our health (mental, physical, emotional/spiritual) is a key to our happiness and quality of life.
  • TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE
  • TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR HAPPINESS
  • TAKE OWNERSHIP OF YOUR HEALTH

make a change. impress yourself.

No comments: