Thursday, February 10, 2011

365 marathons in 365 days


Here is a picture of Stefaan Engles.
In case you don't already know him, he was the only guy to do 20 (count em, TWENTY) Ironman Triathlons in a single year. That just wasn't enough for this Belgian dude.
He topped it by running a marathon a day for 365 days.
That's right - 26.2 miles/42.195 km a day - EVERY DAY FOR A YEAR.
This is from a guy who had asthma as a child and was told he could never do exercize. To add insult to injury, he is 49 years old (older than many of us).
CNN quoted him as saying "...It is more like a regular job. I am running just as Joe Average goes to work on Monday morning, whether or not he feels like it."
It reminds me of something my teacher told me long ago.
"some days I love to train. Some days I hate to train. Every day I have to train."
NOW, WHAT WAS YOUR EXCUSE FOR NOT TRAINING TODAY???

No comments: