Kali Majapahit is not directly based on Balintawak, but we like them a lot and their fluid fighting style is of great interest.
Some things to note:
- These girls have really nice flow - it's not about power, it's about FLOW
- In corto distance, misdirecting the opponent's hand can be the decisive factor
- The drill looks a lot like Hubud (because it is) - stick/knife/empty hand are all the basically the same
- Balintawak uses less punio (butt end) than we do, but there is enough there to hit with
- Their hips are basically square to each other all the time so both arms can easily be used
- As soon as an opening is found, the fight is over - as you can see from the flourish by both players when they win (at 00:09-13 and 00:26-30)
- The disarm at 00:26 is the outside vine disarm, just like we do!
Something to aspire to!
See you on the mats.