Monday, November 06, 2017

Area 51

Well, that's it.  I'm 51 today.

It's been an amazing year, over far too fast.  As always, I've met a great bunch of people and tried my best to make a difference while I am here. 
This year was truly a year of changes.

It was great to see messages from people all over the world wishing me well today.  It is both humbling and gratifying to think our lives are so connected.  Thank you for thinking of me, even for a moment.

Personally, my health is good and I find it hard to believe that a year or two ago I could hardly walk due to osteoarthritis in both knees.  Now I feel better than ever.  Ultimately I tried a series of injections into my knees, which at the time didn't seem to be working.  However, over a few months things improved and now they both feel good as new - without surgery.

Our Kali Family continues to strengthen, with several students preparing for their Kadua Guro tests next year.  They continue to impress me with their knowledge and dedication, each of them bringing new perspectives to what we do.  We have had some new joiners as well who are diving in with passion and energy.  Most importantly, we are using what we learn to make our daily lives better - to become who we want to be, conquering our fears and uncertainty and freeing ourselves to face new challenges.  Since last year I got chances to train with a lot of incredible martial artists, including a great training week at Peaceful Warrior Camp 2017.  See you in Phuket in March 2018!!  I can't wait!!

Professionally, the year ends with hope.  I resigned from my job and now have some time to carefully consider next steps.  Faced with being marginalized, I chose a higher path and sought better opportunity elsewhere.  This is what I advise my students to do, and I am glad that I could overcome my inertia and worries and do the right thing - look for a place where my background and experience could be more fully utilized to help our customers.  A new chapter will start for me in 2018 and I am very excited.  Salesforce was a strong beginning, and I will always be grateful to my Ohana for their encouragement and support.

Overall, despite the obstacles, this has been the best year EVER! Onward and Upward!!

There will be family time and travels before the New Year, both of which are treasures for me.  I'm looking forward to what 2018 can be. 
I'm looking forward to sharing this journey with you.

Thank you for your constant support and encouragement.

Osu!! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations. Fitness Center in San Antonio